About the Job
iZotope is looking for a genuine and hands-on sales leader to be part of a unique and growing business in the audio software and hardware technology space. The successful candidate will be able to quickly learn our array of software and hardware products while scaling a global sales force by expanding our retail channel partnerships and entering new global markets.
Reporting directly to the Chief Marketing Officer, the Director of Sales will be a key member of our GTM leadership team responsible for the daily management of this vital function. In collaboration with the Marketing team, the Director of Sales will build and strengthen relationships with key accounts to drive sales through channel partners both within the United States and in our growing global business.
As an experienced leader, the Director of Sales is responsible for building internal cross-functional relationships to support channel sales including business planning, input to channel marketing strategy, coordination of promotional campaigns, and sales enablement resources. This leader will also understand various components to drive, build and scale a global sales force including organizational development, need assessment, compensation, quotas, systems, priorities, and skill and performance evaluation.
- Develop and execute a global channel sales strategy
- Grow sales within our key accounts in North America and globally
- Identify new channels for expansion
- Assess current channel sales processes, methodologies, and team structures to propose/implement adjustments to optimize performance and build the infrastructure to facilitate aggressive growth
- Provide very disciplined and focused hands-on leadership to the sales team that will foster success based on a culture of respect for customers, integrity, collaboration and partnership with peers and other functional areas of the company
- Review the sales projection/pipeline process ensuring that sales milestones, on a daily/weekly basis, are met and projections remain accurate
- Partner closely with Marketing to ensure success in market positioning, promotions and sales execution
- Build, recruit, lead and motivate the sales organization to capitalize on the market opportunities for iZotope
- At least 10 years sales management experience with a compelling and verifiable track record of success.
- Recent experience in Sales Management at a fast-growing consumer-focused software company that has experienced rapid and large-scale growth (ideally $20M to >$100M)
- Experience in both hardware and software sales
- Ability to create, develop, enhance, and execute a comprehensive channel sales strategy
- Successfully built or scaled a channel program selling through reseller and/or retail partners
- Highly entrepreneurial and must be willing to be hands-on to personally drive revenue and manage from the field
- Proven success in scaling a sales force in a startup or growth-stage business
- Extensive experience with leading inside sales and channel sales organizations that have a multi-channel distribution model (dealer/retailers, distributors, paired with direct-to-consumer eCommerce)
- A passion and proven ability to implement world-class sales processes, productivity improvements and training programs
- History of retaining, developing, motivating and mentoring a sales force capable of setting and meeting ambitious sales goals
- Experience designing and implementing compensation plans for channel sales organizations
- Success driving global sales growth
- Experience in music, entertainment, gaming or related industries a plus
- Highest ethical standards, with the ability to effectively advocate for the sales team and channel customers to influence all functions of the company.
- Have a “do whatever it takes” mind-set. Possess a strong work ethic, willing to go the extra mile, hands-on yet can delegate well, and possess a “nothing is beneath me” attitude.
- Individual must be a team player, solely focused on the total success of the company, as opposed to individual success.
- Passionate, creative, team-oriented.
Location: preference Cambridge, MA (potentially NYC or Los Angeles)
iZotope makes audio products and technologies that are used around the world. We have a wide range of customers, from the millions of consumers who enjoy our audio enhancement to GRAMMY-winning producers using our pro products to the corporations who license our technology for use in their own products. We are a growing team of highly motivated people who are constantly looking to innovate and improve the way we create and listen to audio.