We are looking for an experienced business analyst to help expand and leverage systems that power a data driven business. A key member of the Finance team, you will report to the Controller and work closely with executives and managers across the company. This position marries data extraction and analysis with a focus on the related financial, sales, and marketing uses for that data.
Data-Related Job Duties
- Designs, enhances, maintains, and supports the current home-grown BI solutions (e.g. Reports, Dashboards) so that the information needed to make business decisions is efficient, actionable, trustworthy, and timely.
- Creates dashboards using technologies such as Tableau by pulling data from multiple sources (such as customer database, QuickBooks, SalesForce, Desk, and Google Analytics).
- Sends daily, weekly, and monthly financial and customer reports to various stakeholders across the company, including the leadership team.
- Mines customer database (PostgreSQL) and performs data extraction, manipulation, cleaning, and analysis to understand customer types, cohorts, and buyer behaviors.
- Identifies areas for improvement, using your technical data background and understanding of finance requirements.
- Delivers data in a presentable format to provide a cohesive, logical story to key stakeholders.
Finance-Related Job Duties
- Assists in preparation of various financial models, such as an annual Operating Plan with detail by product, customer type, region, initiatives, etc.
- Assists in preparation of various presentations for management.
- Applies internal and external research to create accurate sales forecasts and business models.
About the Candidate
You love data. You thrive in the details, but you are able to pull back to see the big picture. You are interested in the way finance, marketing, and sales departments use data to make decisions. You want users to self-service their data needs, leveraging internally-created dashboards.
- 3-7 years of relevant experience.
- Advanced/intermediate skills with SQL/ProstgreSQL.
- Advanced/intermediate skills with Excel, Excel pivot tables, and Power Pivot.
- Intermediate skills with Visual Basic.
- Experience with data visualization software is a plus (e.g.Tableau, Qlikview, Spotfire).
- Knowledge of relational and multi-dimensional databases.
- Ability to prioritize competing demands from various stakeholders.
- Must have attention to detail, a passion for quality, a sense of urgency, and a problem-solving mind-set.
- Experience in eCommerce, retail, or related industries a plus.
- Knowledge of the industry is a plus but not a requirement.
- BS or equivalent in a relevant field.
This position is full-time and located in our Cambridge, MA office. Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
iZotope makes audio products and technologies that are used around the world. We have a wide range of customers, from the millions of consumers who enjoy our audio enhancement to GRAMMY-winning producers using our pro products to the corporations who license our technology for use in their own products. We are a growing team of highly motivated people who are constantly looking to innovate and improve the way we create and listen to audio.